Registration for Chil Cook-Off Contestant
Does your chili bring all the boys & girls to the yard? Bring your A Game in the celebrity-judged Chili Cook-Off with sweet prizes. Your $20 entry fee (plus processing costs) goes towards the cash prizes for #1 and #2 winners. Entry is limited to 20 chili combatants. Participants will be required to set up their “stations” and have a representative present to serve from 1pm to 5pm. The winners will be announced at 5pm.
st Prize - $300 + the coveted WBC Chili Cook Off Trophy
2nd Prize - $100
rd Prize - $50 WBC Gift Card
- People Choice - $25 WBC Gift Card
Chili Cook-Off Rules
1. Ingredients must be pre-cooked prior to the commencement of the official cook-off. Meat may be treated, pre-cut or ground, but must be cooked. Each contestant is solely responsible to make sure that no ingredient is undercooked and/or that there is no risk of food born illness.
2. The cooking period must occur within 24 hours of event. Chili must be brought and kept in crock pot or other warming container that will be placed for entry by 12:30 PM. Contestants should bring an extension cord with them in case that is needed.
3. Each contestant must cook a gallon (four quarts) of chili (one regular crock pot).
4. Contestants are responsible to submit a contestant entry form. The contestant must prepare chili using their own selected recipe and ingredients. Contestants may bring things to garnish their chili.
5. Each contestant will be assigned a contestant’s number by the Chief Scorekeeper and given five (5) sampling cups to fill and submit to the judges. Each contestant verifies that the number on the bottom of their cup is the same as their assigned contestant number. Each contestant is responsible for delivering their sample cups, which must be filled to cup’s lower rim, to the judging area at the official time for judging.
6. WBC will provide:
- - disposable bowls
- - utensils
- - tables for set up
- - napkins
- - Power for crock pots, etc.
Entry Fee - $20.00 (plus processing fees)
Last entry will be taken 24 hours before the start of the event.
Chili is blind judged on Aroma, Eye Appeal, Taste, and Overall Satisfaction.
Chili Cook-Off Entry Form
- Email the following information to [email protected] after Registration
Phone number: _______________________
Name of chili: _______________________________________________
Heat rating: (list one)
1 chili = Mild
2 chilis = a little bite or heat
3 chilies = flamethrower hot
To prepare the food to be served at 12:30PM. Ingredients will be freshly prepared, and chili cooked within 24 hours of the Chili Cook Off. Have fun and follow the contest rules!
Chili Cook-Off Contestant RegistrationSunday, February 26, 2017 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM